Exocet dreams; not the missile but...

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Fri Feb 13 14:34:36 EST 2004

Hi Thomas,

> Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 09:11:49 -0500
> From: Thomas McGrath III <3mcgrath at adelphia.net>
> Subject: Re: use-revolution Digest, Vol 5, Issue 123

> The MacBrick can monitor the environment via light, touch, temperature,
> sound, pressure, movement etc. and feed that to Rev, then Rev can
> control an X10 device like a light switch
----------
I need to explore MacBrick. How sensitive is it? How accurate? What kind of
output?
----------
> Last year I mounted a wireless X10 camera to a remote controlled truck.
> Then from the comfort of my room watching the road in front of the
> truck through the TV I can race the truck around the yard from a first
> person view. With out even having a line of sight on the truck.
----------
They've experimented with model helicopter cameras for traffic monitoring in
Seattle (besides the ones mounted on overpasses, etc.). Big Brother is
watching.

I'm something of an RC enthusiast myself. I learned to fly RC aircraft 3
years ago. There is a retired disabled man in Florida (I think) who flys RC
model aircraft from his wheelchair using computer telemetry from a camera in
the plane which he views on the screen, just like your truck. He makes good
landings almost every time.

This stuff always fascinates me.