RR as a browser plugin?

opus.species at wanadoo.fr opus.species at wanadoo.fr
Fri Feb 13 02:57:25 EST 2004

> From: Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com>
> Subject: Re: RR as a browser plugin?

> Pre-installing a helper
> app could be done just as simply.

How ?

If we want to use Revolution as a helper application, we need some
installer what
1) install a rev player
2) register the rev player to the system
3) register the rev player to the browser (at least IExplorer and
Mozilla/Netscape)

We can request a end-user to download an installer file and run it or to
play an installer file from a cd-rom, but we cannot request an end user to
manage himself the registration of Revolution as an helper in his browser,
too difficult for him.

Was any one successfull in such a task ?
Is there a receipe or a sample app availaible ?

Claude