10 bugs in 2 minutes time!

xbury.cs at clearstream.com xbury.cs at clearstream.com
Fri Feb 13 02:39:01 EST 2004

On 12/02/2004 03:08:55 PM use-revolution-bounces wrote:
>Xavier, et al:
>
>1,  So far as I could tell, your 10 bugs are all related to the Rev
>Dev environment and Rev add-ons (eg: Geometry Manager) to the basic
>MetaCard framework.

My mistake in considering the IDE to be the RR GUI/Framework...
The MC IDE remains flawless ;)

>2.  I write my own resize stack handler, and I have no problems with
>geometry at runtime.

So do I in the MC IDE but in RR, I thought I'd take advantage of it.
Unfortunately (and again this morning) it seems like it's not quite
solid once you push too many buttons...

>3.  There is an issue in the AB where one cannot change the relative
>layers of controls in a group except when editing the group; however
>I can change the relative layers of a group and a non-grouped control
>at will.

I was in whole-group selection mode. One newly created group overlapped
the hidden field that is supposed to be topmost field. When I selected the
field to send it on top, the "send to top" button never hilited! I did it
manualy

These kind of things shouldn't happen...

>The fault, Dear X-Man, is not in our MetaCard stars but in the
>Revolutionist wrapper.

Well, it can only get better ;)

Thanks Rob!

Visit us at http://www.clearstream.com

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Internet communications are not secure and therefore Clearstream International does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message.

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. Any views expressed in this e-mail are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of Clearstream International or of any of its affiliates or subsidiaries.

END OF DISCLAIMER