Windows appearance issues

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Fri Feb 13 02:37:20 EST 2004

Hi Chipp,

> Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 22:20:04 -0600
> From: "Chipp Walters" <chipp at chipp.com>
> Subject: RE: Windows appearance issues
>
> Bill is right about the next version..
>
> but, unlike Mac, many windows programs don't adhere exactly to the current
> windows 'look and feel'. In fact, even Microsoft doesn't in their Office
> Suite. So, it's not a big problem to go with the standard Windows 2000
> look-and-feel (which is the default L-N-F for RR)
------------
OK....but it's so darned ugly. I wasn't ready for that. My only version of
Windows is XP Pro on a Compaq. I don't mind Windows XP, it has a decent L&F,
albeit quite cartoon-like. 'Course, I'm not an Aqua fan either...glass
buttons on coroplast...what the heck is that (but the field shadows are
nice)? Mac boxes are kinda funny these days too. Cheese graters and dental
equipment.

I'm using the monitor for my Mac. I have a switchbox for sharing the
monitor, but it causes ghosting when the Mac is plugged into it, so I went
back to direct, meaning the Compaq has no monitor on my boat unless I get
under there and switch the wires around...and the switch them back in an
hour. Extremely tight space, sort of like cleaning under the sink.

Maybe I can get in a game of Sturmovich, the Compaq has a _very_ fast video
card.

Ken N.