Windows appearance issues

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Thu Feb 12 22:17:36 EST 2004

Howdy again,

So, let me please understand a little more.

Will Rev follow and display appearance theme objects true to the Windows
system version onboard?

If so, are Windows' user prefs settings (like Silver with Pink) retrievable
at startup of a main stack?

Should I totally dispense with trying to emulate Windows appearance themes
and just go with totally custom scratch-made buttons?

Would it be bad form to emulate XP buttons (unless I don't have to worry
about it) that may easily end up on, say, a Millenium version?

Sorry, I just can't tell what to do with these issues. The program I'm
writing is for special purpose, but the only thing I know is that it will be
running on some kind of Win box.

TIA,
Ken N.