[OT] Improving OS X's x-play file copying

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Feb 12 13:58:36 EST 2004

When copying files from OS X to a mounted Win volume, OS X insists on
creating metadata files for each file and folder I copy (the ones starting
with ".").

Is there a checkbox somewhere labeled "Please stop being oh so very clever
and instead only copy the files I'm telling you to copy without also
creating a bunch of stuff I neither asked for nor need", or the equivalent?

TIA -

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Media Corporation