Print card snag

Robert Presender rpresender at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 12 10:42:13 EST 2004

  Using Rev 2.1.2, OS 10.2.8

I have hit a snag in trying to print a card on letter size paper. The
card contains a scrolling list field whose vertical size extends beyond
the card.  I had expected that the result of printing the card would be
at least two pages with all the text of the scrolling field.  But such
was not the case. Only what is shown on the screen is printed.

Can RR print a card with all its information on more than one page?
Suggestions/help will be appreciated.

  The RR card is configured as follows:

1. Stack size: 643,521.  Card size: 643,586. Group size 622,564 which
encloses all objects. Scrolling list field: 614,500. Note: Scrolling
list field vertical size is beyond the vertical size of the card.

2. Card contains only single line fields except one scrolling list
field.

3.The top 160 vertical pixels  of the card contains the single line
fields in various locations. Below this is the scrolling list field.

4. Used the following script in the message box:
     answer printer (want landscape option because of width of card)
     print card x (also used print card x from 0,72 to 643,800 )

5. The print out only encompasses what is shown on the screen on a
single page.
I expected a second page with the remainder of the text in the
scrolling list field.

6. revPrintField is not an option because the top section of the card
containing the single line fields are desired.

7. Also tried the above with a scrolling stack instead of a scrolling
list field.  Had the same result.
   A similar card in my SuperCard version, using SC's scrolling window,
can be made to print all the information on multiple pages.

Regards .... Bob
rpresender at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~rep.shareware