RR as a browser plugin?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Feb 12 02:27:18 EST 2004

Alex Rice wrote:

> standalone as a helper application.
>
> I too am a fan of "web enabled standalone apps" as an alternative to
> plugins. And I have read and appreciated your article about it. But you
> are making quite a blanket statement there. Why be so quick to dismiss
> the browser plugin which could be a good thing for some Runrev
> developers, even if you aren't interested yourself?

Because unless it's bundled it will still need to be downloaded, and if one
needs to download and install something it could just as well provide
multiple window, menus, and other options not possible in a browser.

Look at the number of plugins in '98, and how few are left today.  Bundling
is the advantage of plugins.  Without bundling, an engine's an engine....

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Media Corporation