Is Transcript's English orientation a plus or minus? (ratherlong)

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Feb 11 15:23:15 EST 2004

jbv wrote:

> I should have written :
> - do you really think that the current Rev / MC IDEs allow us to EASILY
> maintain &
> debug scripts with hundreds or thousands of lines ?
>
> BTW I know that very long scripts run without any problem in Rev.
> My point wasn't the execution of scripts, but rather the ability to write,
>
> debug and maintain such long scripts.

Why not just break them up into logical units and use them in backscripts a
and/or libraries?  One library for file handling, another for  UI elements,
another for general utilities....

Even on relatively small (<10k lines) projects I tend to do this just to
make getting around easier.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Media Corporation