Is Transcript's English orientation a plus or minus?

Robert Brenstein rjb at rz.uni-potsdam.de
Tue Feb 10 20:18:05 EST 2004

>On Feb 10, 2004, at 3:37 PM, Peter T. Evensen wrote:
>
>>Supporting JavaScript is an interesting idea.  I probably wouldn't
>>used it, but I wonder if it would bring others to Revolution.
>>
>>Authorware 7 added support for writing scripts in JavaScript
>>instead of the Authorware scripting language.  Not sure why they
>>decided to do that, unless they thought it might entice programmers
>>to the Authorware camp...  Of course they had to add some
>>Authorware specific objects so you could access everything in JS.
>>
>And the new Director supports JavaScript alongside Lingo syntax. My
>bet: it'll just confuse everyone. (And I love Lingo, BTW)

If RunRev decides to add JavaScript just to be in par with those
other environments and atract more users, so let be it. I can trust
that they implement it reasonaly. After all, this can be done (as
someone suggested) in an OSA-like approach, eliminating any potential
confusion and keeping Transcript as we know it. However, I really,
really hope that RunRev first finishes all the things they've already
started (ie recent pr's), puts a true and serious effort into bug
hunting (it seem they are getting serious about this), and implements
the enhancements requested by the current user base. I think that one
of the selling points of MetaCard was its reputation of being
rock-solid. Rev should strive for the same.

Robert