Is Transcript's English orientation a plus or minus?
rcozens at pon.net
Tue Feb 10 08:05:06 CST 2004
> Who wants Rev to be as user-friendly as C?
I'm afraid that's impossible, Judy: one would have to--
* "dumb down" the Rev Dev UI,
* completely rewrite Transcript to make the syntax as succinct as possible
* "power down" the syntax so it takes half a page of code to
accomplish what could previously be done in one line
* add support for line end characters (eg: ";") which completely
change the meaning of a statement when appended to it.
* place programmer's premium on how complicated a command can be
produced in a minimal token string, preferably incorporating the line
end character mentioned above & other "C cleverness" to impress one's
colleagues with the ultimate undecipherable, cryptic statement.
CCW, Serendipity Software Company
"And I, which was two fooles, do so grow three;
Who are a little wise, the best fooles bee."
from "The Triple Foole" by John Donne (1572-1631)
More information about the use-livecode