mission critical apps

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Tue Feb 10 02:33:28 EST 2004

> If there were a version-control plugin for runrevI would surely be a
> customer!

I have a simple model I developed for managing stack files on a server.  It
could probably be extended to manage items down to the object/script level.
But my solution is exclusive to one user at a time: stacks are marked as
either "available" (checked in) or they're not (checked out).

For a VC system, I'm unclear on whether you allow multiple people to edit
the same object at the same time.  If yes, how do you account for the
revisions being posted for the same object by different developers?  If Judy
and John want to check out/edit the script of btn A, and both provide
*different* script options, how do you determine the version for each edit,
especially if the scripts are then re-edited later?  What would the desired
behavior be here?

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director