Is Transcript's English orientation a plus or minus?

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Mon Feb 9 21:08:10 EST 2004

On Monday, February 9, 2004, at 06:08 PM, Frank Leahy wrote:

> I said ADD support for "x = 1" as AN ALTERNATIVE to "put" -- you get
> to decide which you use.

Rats, I'm dragging this on after Frank is trying to bow out.

One of the problems with an alternative is that those reading the
script do not have the alternative.

If my keyboard could handle it well, I'd rather use math notation much
like ^ and v for 'and' and 'or'.  And despite my claims that it is
"standard" math, others might think them pretentious or techy or adding
complication to the language.

My comment is not so much aimed at Frank's ideas; he is bowing out.  It
is that the discussion has put some of my thinking in another light.

Maybe this applies to the old single character not-equals, which I
think is still allowed in Revolution.

Dar Scott