Setting a element of a array equal to a array?

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Mon Feb 9 17:23:44 EST 2004

On Monday, February 9, 2004, at 01:18 PM, "" <nnoydb at excite.com> wrote:

> Simple syntax/support question I would like to "put" a array into the
> element of another array then access it.  How would this be done?
>
> put myArray into otherArray[ARRAY_KEY]
>
> If so can t be accessed via
>
> put otherArray[ARRAY_KEY][0] into myVariable?

You can't do that.  Yet.  There is an enhancement request on bugzilla.

But the coma operator is can turn a 1D array into virtually a 2D or 3D
array.  When working with numbers and the comma operator to make keys,
make sure the numberFormat property is the same.  That may not be as
much a concern with whole numbers.

Dar Scott