OS X Standalone Prog Folder Problem?

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Mon Feb 9 12:44:24 EST 2004

>I'm using Rev 2.1.2 under Mac OS X 10.3.2 to build an app.  If I run
>the app inside the development environment, or as a standalone
>Classic app, then it works fine.  However, if I run the OS X app
>built at the same time, then it fails to locate the support folder
>and files in the same folder as the app.

Hi Peter,

Welcome to the wonderful world of Mac OS X application bundles.

Control click on your OS X stabdalone + select "Package Contents"
reveals a folder, "Contents"

Inside "Contents" are:
	Info.plist
	pbdevelopment.plist
	Pkginfo
	A folder, "Resources", containing--
		Revolution.rsrc
		RevolutionDoc.icns
		Revolution.icons
	A folder, "Mac OS", containing--
		Revolution [your standalone]

So if your standalone on other platforms expects to find the support
folder in the same folder in which the standalone resides, your
folder must be in the Mac OS folder on OS X.

I deal with this by using a generalized search handler that looks for
support folders in both locations...among others.
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company