Transcript is flexible and requires me to make choices.

tuviah snyder tuviah at runrev.com
Mon Feb 9 13:12:44 EST 2004

> On Feb 9, 2004, at 4:16 AM, Frank Leahy wrote:
>
> Richard wrote:
>>> What is the argument against the xTalk messaging model?
>
> I'll keep repeating it: the argument is you don't know at until runtime
> if the message goes where you think it will go. One way to state it is
> "throwing a message out for some object to catch, hopefully".
Well in some frameworks/languages this is a feature..but it would greatly
improve engine speed to be able to resolve which object gets the message and
prepare the parameters at compile time for certain user defined
functions/handlers.enabling Rev to skip the process of looking up the
handler/function in a lookup table each time it is called

So I'm for any syntax which would enable me to precompile some functions
(such as math functions, ect) without losing the flexibility in cases where
I may want to dynamically intercept messages like mousemove in a backscript.

Tuviah