Is Transcript's English orientation a plus or minus?

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Mon Feb 9 09:44:22 EST 2004

I like xObject as a name. Sort of an 'xTalk' based upon object models
for RAD.
I only think of stack, card and controls as objects anyway. I don't
even 'get' the metaphor anymore. Of course, I don't 'get' the stage,
players either. I mean deep in my mind when I am planning a new project
I don't see stacks and cards or stages and players. I see windows with
elements that need to be there or need to change and what do I need
them to 'do'.

rambling...

Tom

On Feb 9, 2004, at 5:34 AM, Frank Leahy wrote:

>  HyperCard++ is a Rapid Application Development environment that uses
> the concepts of stacks, cards and controls to make it relatively easy
> to build complex multi-window applications.  xTalk, the language that
> is used to control this RAD, is a HyperTalk clone, but could
> (theoretically) be replaced with any number of other languages, e.g.
> C, JavaScript, VB, PHP, etc.

Thomas J. McGrath III
SCS
1000 Killarney Dr.