php URL statements?

Ray Bennett smilingeyes at mac.com
Sun Feb 8 14:46:43 EST 2004

I've been trying for a while to launch a php script on my remote server
by using a get URL or a put URL

I can't get either to do much.  In one case, I am able to get back an
error from the server saying I've got an error near a "<P>" tag.

What I do currently is to build the http string and launch the browser.
  This works but its annoying that I have to alert the user that they'll
be asked (as a result of the php completing and closing the browser) if
its okay for the browser to close its window.  I'd like to be able to
bypass the browser completely.

Can I?

Thanks.
Ray