Puzzled about stack size

Jim Hurley jhurley at infostations.com
Sun Feb 8 09:43:36 EST 2004

>  >5) Ah, but it's not gone. Go to the property inspector again and
>  >select "table".
>  >6) Voila, the data returns.
>
>Rob Cozens wrote:
>
>Is it still there if you close & reopen the stack at that point, Jim?
>
>The AB's control list does not always seem to keep up with additions
>and deletions.  Often if I select a different card in the same stack
>(from the AB) and then reselect the original card, a deleted control
>will disappear or a newly added control will be recognized.
>--
>
>Rob Cozens
>CCW, Serendipity Software Company
>http://www.oenolog.net/who.htm

Rob,

Yes it remains...but hidden. It is necessary to go to the property
inspector and select table and then the table data returns. The
mystery has been cleared up--more or less-- by Richard and Jan. To
clear the data it is not sufficient to "put empty into field
"theField", or even to select all the text and press the delete key.

I tried Jan's suggestion of using the undocumented command
revEmptyTable, but even that didn't  work. (Anybody else have my
problem of typing Emtpy for Empty and wondering why it doesn't work?
Something like teh and the.)

One might also turn off the table feature and then delete the data.

This didn't work on my problem field.  I think RR is choking on the
amount of data in the field (6 megs), although it is able to handle
the data otherwise. Or perhaps I did not wait long enough (a couple
of minutes) for RR to process the data. Desperate times call for
desperate measures, and so I deleted the field itself and built a new
one with the same name. And, since I don't really need the tabular
features, I followed Richard suggestion and just set the tabs.

Jim