Tagging certain objects with contact, copyright, etc

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Sat Feb 7 22:04:42 EST 2004

On Saturday, February 7, 2004, at 07:32 PM, Robert Brenstein wrote:

> That's right. If my product uses somebody else's library, I
> should/could include a mention of it in my About box but otherwise it
> should not be (in typical program) explicitely visible to the end
> user. However, as someone said in another email in this thread, as a
> developer, I want to see more info, description, examples etc. Since
> in library only the stack scripts are the true library, the cards can
> be easily used for that documentation, examples, etc. If I use the
> library as library, I just 'start using' it. If I want to see more, I
> just 'go to' it.

I think this is fine for light documentation.  For heavier
documentation this might put some overhead on the size of the stack.

I have my "primer shell".  I could improve on that and use that as the
packaging for a "library".  Since the primer is not included in the
product that uses the library, it can be as big as I think fitting.

If a library is delivered as a "script library", a button in the primer
can copy that from the stack script and it can be pasted where needed.

If a library is delivered as a front or back script button, that can be
on a page in the primer with instructions on how to paste it to a card
or get it into an unplaced group or whatever.

If a library is best a stack then the primer can birth it to whatever
location is needed and even start using it after doing so.  The birthed
stack would have very light information on a card or two.  The primer
would need to have someway of finding the library again.

If the deliverable is a custom control, the primer can have a catalog
section and the control can be copied and pasted.  It might need
supporting libraries and/or plugins.

If the deliverable is a plugin, then the primer can install it.

A particular primer might have any combination.

Thanks for helping me think through this.

> No need for custom properties or special conventions.

Not for humans, but it might help a catalog or the setup for loading
libraries or automated upgrading or whatever.

Dar Scott