How to go to newly cloned card?

Mark MacKenzie m.mackenzie at sasktel.net
Sat Feb 7 19:49:21 EST 2004

Yes, this is one of the things that was driving me mad.  Upon creating
the card, according to the literature I should have been "taken" there
(to the freshly cloned card).

The button with that handler is on one card, a so called master card and
the card being cloned is another card in the same stack.  I wonder if
the difference is that I wasn't on the cloning target card when invoking
the clone command by using something like:

 on mouseUp
  clone this card
end mouseUp

However, as I posted just before now.  After shutting down in disgust
for awhile, when opening up this stack project, the handler I posted
about works like a charm.

I will check the use of "it" as you pointed out, thank you.  It very
well may be dodgy.  I was attempting to work to the transcript entry for
the "clone" command.  What had caught my interest was:  "The clone
command places the name property of the newly created object in the it
variable."   I see now that this is not exactly what I wrote in the
handler either.  Thanks for the tip to that point.  I will correct that
and see what happens.

Live and oh so hopefully, I learn.

Regards Mark MacKenzie