Puzzled about stack size

Jim Hurley jhurley at infostations.com
Sat Feb 7 18:19:54 EST 2004

Richard Gaskin wrote:

>When the visible eludes, check the less visible:  what's in the custom
>property sets for those objects?
>
>--
>  Richard Gaskin
>  Fourth World Media Corporation

Richard,

A reasonable assumption, but this was a very simple stack.

These table fields are my new Zen Koan. Very ephemeral.

Try this:

1) Create a stack with a single field.
2) Go to its property inspector and under "table" check the "table
object" and "cell editing" boxes.
3) Put something in cells a1, a2, b1 and b2 (Excel notation.) Maybe
just four letters, a,b,c,d.
4) In the message box type: put empty into field 1 -- As expected,
the data disappears
5) Ah, but it's not gone. Go to the property inspector again and
select "table".
6) Voila, the data returns.

It appears that table fields have a dual personality. (Mac OS 9, RR 2.1.2)

Jim