Tagging certain objects with contact, copyright, etc

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Sat Feb 7 17:07:49 EST 2004

>>Libraries can have About menus.
>
>I didn't think about this.
>
>I guess they can have documentation and a demo, too.  Maybe a test suite.
>
>They might have a control of some standard size that con be put on
>an application about window.
>
>I wonder how much should go in a library.

I don't think there is a hard & fast rule to apply, Dar.  Serendipity
Library's bookshelf shows six categories of handlers.  Could they
exist in separate library stacks?...Certainly.

If some of the resources in Serendipity Library were free & open
source and others were "pay for view", would I put them in one
library?...Obviously not.

Would Serendipity Library look different if it were designed as a
library for a specific standalone than a library of generic
Transcript handlers & other resources?...Possibly.

As to the About window control, if you are providing a tool for
others to use, try to keep it as flexible as possible.  I present
About info in different ways in different stacks, from the
traditional About field + RR logo to moving banner text + logo in the
prompt field.

Engage the user at every sensory level possible, sez I.   :{`)

On a personal level, Dar, while I don't suggest for a minute that my
answers are the best answers for everyone, you will find my answers
to many of your questions exemplified somewhere in the files that
comprise Serendipity Library.
<http://www.oenolog.net/ftp/serendipity_downloader.htm>.
--

Rob Cozens