Andy's comments and positioning...

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Feb 7 16:11:57 EST 2004

Judy Perry wrote:

> On Sat, 7 Feb 2004, Richard Gaskin wrote:
>
>> Excatly.   There are great opportunities in education markets, but perhaps
>> few for scripting products.
>
> --Still, now that my tagamet's starting to dissolve, I still believe there
> is hope for Rev in education.  One byproduct of this dismal degree program
> was becoming acquainted with a fellow student who is a technology teacher
> at a local high school.
>
> He invited me to be on his program advisory committee and wants to look
> about possibly adopting Rev over Flash for an intro. multimedia course...
> There is a Rev list member who I think has adopted it for his teacher
> training program...  But it will be an uphill battle...

Maybe not too uphill -- just consider the number of educators on this list.
I feel there's definitely a place, perhaps a strong one, for Rev in
education.

But it will take some research and development before Rev is able to
precisely nail the value proposition for the broader education market as
it's been doing for developers.

That's really my only point here:  it may well be worthwhile doing the long
research process needed to develop and market effectively for educators, but
not if it means losing sight of the past and current focus on professional
quality development which has been the product's award-winning strength thus
far (not to mention the source of most of the revenue and reputation that
would make such exploration into other markets possible).

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Media Corporation