Puzzled about stack size

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Sat Feb 7 12:55:27 EST 2004

On Saturday, February 7, 2004, at 10:40 AM, Jim Hurley wrote:

> Now the db stack originally contained massive amounts of county
> election data. But all of that is gone now, and yet the stack is still
> 6 megs.
>
> I have many stacks with more controls, longer scripts, a few graphics,
> and images. Yet they are a fraction of the size of this one DB stack.
> What could be eating up  all this space?

I made a stack and put my novel into a field.  I saved the stack.  The
size is 612,669 bytes.  I deleted the novel from the field.  I saved
the stack.  The size is less than 4K.  So size seems OK for me.

Could you have some data in a custom property?  For backup or
something?  Or used by your db connection?

Dar Scott