Windows Application Icon

Mark Brownell gizmotron at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 7 00:21:56 EST 2004

On Friday, February 6, 2004, at 02:41  PM, Mark Brownell wrote:

> I searched the entire archive and followed all the advice. While
> trying to build a standalone including every windows created 32 X 32,
> 16 color, 766, gray scale or colored icon the builder says that I need
> to use a 25064 sized file, 16 color.

Does anyone know why properly built icons, that work for some people,
766 byte recommendations that is on Windows, don't work for me on
Windows XP Pro. I was able to use the AOL icon that was 24 +kbts to
work. Inside it was six different icons. When I use a single icon file
766 bytes I get a message saying that I need a 25064 sized file, 16
color.

Has anyone seen this message saying that a 25064 sized file, 16 color
is required?

Does anyone know if Windows XP Pro has an icon solution that Rev will
work with?

Is there a plain looking icon that I can use to package my software
with for Windows?

I've done everything that the archives has recommended. I even tried
redrawing the artwork in the AOL icons. That ended up getting rejected.

I can't believe that at the very end it all breaks down because of an
icon.

Someone sent me an icon that works for them but it does not work for me
in XP Pro. I wonder, was that icon a workable solution on a Windows XP
Pro machine.

Thanks for any help,

Mark