Where goes stacks, included stacks and externals?

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Fri Feb 6 18:44:18 EST 2004

On Thursday, February 5, 2004, at 05:31 PM, Monte Goulding wrote:

>> You have not complained about externals going into
>> myapp.app/Contents/PlugIns, at least for the app stack.  Are you
>> thinking these should go into MacOS, too?
>>

> The description of the PlugIns directory is for dynamic loading
> bundles. I
> don't think externals fit into this category. I guess if you liked
> them to
> stacks that you dynamically loaded then they could be...

My understanding is that PlugIns is for dynamically loaded bundles that
require a special environment to be used in.  I think that fits an
external, but I recognize that an external is a strange beast and hard
to cage.

Some of my externals get bundle info, but they might not need to be in
some particular place to get that.  I have to check, but I think in all
cases I'm referring to a loaded bundle.

Where would you suggest externals go?  For the app stack and for
supporting stacks.  Does the DB get involved in this?

Anybody else will to share where they put externals?

Dar Scott