FileInfo

Zac Elston zelston at aol.com
Fri Feb 6 15:45:27 EST 2004

found a bug in the fileinfo function that was posted here a while back.

the previous version was

function FileInfo pPath
   local tFile, tSaveDir, tFiles, tFileInfo
   set the itemdel to "/"
   put urlEncode(last item of pPath) into tFile
   delete last item of pPath
   put the directory into tSaveDir
   set the directory to pPath
   put the detailed files into tFiles
   set the directory to tSaveDir
   get lineoffset(tFile, tFiles)
   if it > 0 then
     return line it of tFiles
   end if
end FileInfo

on
get lineoffset(tFile, tFiles)
a match will occur for files that are named with the same begining.

so looking for the details of file.txt
would match on the first occurance of file.txt , including file.txt.v1

in my case, i'm scrapping webservers logs that are rotated nightly.

so looking for access_log would match on access_log.$date

while it's rare that this would occur for most others, the function only
matches on a substring not the entire filename

so I just did  an item search.  anyone got a beter method?

function FileInfo pPath
--set the wholeMatches to true
--that didn't help
   local tFile, tSaveDir, tFiles, tFileInfo
   set the itemdel to "/"
   put urlEncode(last item of pPath) into tFile
   delete last item of pPath
   put the directory into tSaveDir
   set the directory to pPath
   put the detailed files into tFiles
   set the directory to tSaveDir
   set the itemdel to ","
         repeat with x = 1 to the number of lines in tFiles
    if item 1 of line x of tFiles  = tFile
        then
            return line x of tFiles
        end if