How do you pass authentication on the command line?

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Fri Feb 6 15:19:12 EST 2004

> I think suExec would be the best solution for you, then all of user
> "ken"'s scripts will be running as "ken" not as "www".
>
> Alternatively you may be able to use a suid script:
>
> # as user "ken"
> chmod a+x some-script.mc
> chmod +s some-script.mc
>
> Now some-script.mc should run as "ken", even if the web server is
> running the script as the user "www".

That worked really well, Alex... I was able to do this via Terminal and
everything works fine now. Now I noticed that this was using bash and
not tcsh; Panther automatically used bash in Terminal, but Jaguar was
using tcsh and I had to run bash separately before I could apply your
changes above. So two questions:

  1) If I were to want to run the script above from Rev, how would I
concatenate multiple commands in a single shell()?
  2) If the OS is currently running tcsh, how would I add invoking bash
before the script lines above using shell()?

Thanks in advance,

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com