Dan's Book

Robert Hartley r.hartley at bio.gla.ac.uk
Fri Feb 6 05:35:37 EST 2004

Hi All.

OK I''m a rev newbie and indeed new to programming. I previously trawled
our library for books on languages to learn (and the www). I looked at real
basic and bought a book. Goodness me, how it put me off.

I bought rev express and Dan Shaefer's (hope the spelling is OK) book and
got round to reading it last night.

AT LAST!!!!!!  A BOOK THAT IS IN-DEPTH ENOUGH, BUT ALSO FOR THE NEWBIE. :-)

I am sick of books that say things like "OK lets learn codeing"; simply
stick stribng a with parameterb with inverted backflipc and you get a
congealed output. Did you understand that sentence? No I bet you didn't,
nor do many that read books on their first language.

However, Dan's book is great. He says things like "hey guys! want to add a
counter to a stack?" Hmmm let me see do this, then try this, then play with
this and hey presto!, you have what you want.

Dear Dan.
10/10, 100%, 5 gold stars etc. THE best beginners computer book I have ever
encountered.

Thanks

Dr. Bob