Let Rev's Light Shine...or Watch It Go Out

Michael Young myoung at bigskyneuro.com
Thu Feb 5 23:16:59 EST 2004

> Richard Gaskin wrote:
>
> That's the focus of Geoff Moore's book "Crossing the Chasm", about how
> successful software grows by understanding the different personality
> types
> at play in different stages of growth.
I will check out the book.

> Bean counters play an increasing
> role as growth moves forward, and the supporting infrastructure
> (third-party
> consultants, tools, books, magazine articles, etc.) indeed plays a key
> role
> in shaping their perceptions.
Agreed.

<clipped other useful stuff.>

> Heck, this thread got started by niggling over one line in an otherwise
> four-star review.  That reviewer also wrote:
>
>    All in all, no other software-development environment packs
>    this much power and flexibility into such a simple package.
>    You'll have to learn the Transcript language to make the most
>    of Revolution, but the system is heroically well documented.
Yeah, I know the review was good, but one always hope for fully
enlightened reviews. I should know better because I have submitted peer
review journal papers and had one reviewer want to publish it and
another not understand it to the point of asking questions that were
directly answered in the paper! Unfortunately, the flip side of not
fully informed reviews is that the authors come with a clear bias. For
example, I have seen plenty of computer/programmer articles where the
reviewer was not far removed financially etc from the product being
reviewed. Oh well.

Later,

Michael Y

---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses by CENTRIC INTERNET SERVICES]