Compilers?

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Thu Feb 5 20:32:23 EST 2004

On Sunday, February 1, 2004, at 04:01 PM, Dar Scott wrote:

> What compilers are you folks using for what platforms (from what
> platforms) for making externals?

Windows:  VC++ 6 (have later, maybe...)
OS X:     Project Builder (Xcode in the box, right here)

So these two will change soon.  I'm looking at MPW.  If I had the cash
or a project that justified it, I'd consider CodeWarrior on OS X
targeting Windows, OS X and Mac OS.  I assume it can do windows
externals.

Maybe Compiler should also be read as "development system".

Summary so far:

Compiler & Host        Targets
                        Windows     OS X      Mac OS     Linux    Other
   ----------------   ----------  --------  ---------- --------- -------
Visual C++ 6/7/.net
Host: Windows             3

Project Builder
Host: OS X                          2

Xcode
Host: OS X                          1

C++ Builder
Host: Windows             0                                0
Host: Linux               0                                0

CodeWarrior
Host: OS X                0         0           0
Host: Windows             0         0
Host: Mac OS                                    0

gcc
Host: Linux               0         0           0          0        0
Host: OS X                0         0           0          0        0
Host: Windows             0         0           0          0        0
Host: Other               0         0           0          0        0

MPW
Host: Mac OS                                    0

I guessed at the hosts and targets for C++ Builder and gcc.  I have
probably goofed elsewhere.

I'm curious if anybody cross targets and whether to multiple platforms.
  Maybe I can add a column for that.

Dar Scott