Valentina Script Problem

Brian Maher plsntbreez at mac.com
Wed Feb 4 19:16:29 EST 2004

Hi Folks,

As a test I have the following script to insert 1,000,000 records into
a Valentina database.  The script works without error (although I had
to use revdb_commit since revCommitDatabase returns an error that the
command is not understood) but when I close the db in rev then open it
in the Valentina application there are no records in the database.
Does anyone have any idea what is going on?

Thanks, Brian

global theDB

on mouseUp

   put the ticks into time1

   repeat for 1000000 times
     put the random of 100000 into x
     revExecuteSQL theDB, "INSERT INTO RandomTable (ID, StringData)
VALUES (" & x & "'String Value " & x & "')"
   end repeat

   revCommitDatabase theDB

   put the ticks into time2

   answer (time2 - time1)