Application Generators

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Feb 4 16:40:41 EST 2004

michael wrote:

> A project I have planned is to develop an application generator, such as
> an eBook Creator, that would compile a new executable, preferrably
> cross-platform.  What I am still hazy on is if I can use revolution to
> do this, both technically and legitimately.

I don't think the license prevents any on-competing use (youmay want to
double-check it to be sure), but technically it's probably harder than
you'll enjoy and will add the size of the VM to each book.

Have you connsidered just making an ebook reader application like Sophie
(also made with Rev), Adobe Reader, Microsoft Reader, Rocket, etc.?

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Media Corporation