Application Generators

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Wed Feb 4 12:32:12 EST 2004

>With MC I think you don't have licensing problems.

Licensing is not the issue, AFAIK.

The issue is the standalone engine will either (a) not allow not
allow any change to a script, or (b) not allow any change to a
script > 10 statements, I'm not sure which.

I had a conversation with Kevin Miller about this some time ago, as I
was looking at the feasibility of writing updater stacks that could
bring older versions of an application up to present specs.  My
recollection was Kevin said it might be possible to replace an
existing button with the old script with a new button with the new
script; but it was not possible replace the existing script in the
old button.

And while I say, "licensing is not the issue", I believe that there
is an underlying (& understandable) motive: if one could use
Revolution to build an application that other users can use to
generate applications, one has, in effect, entered into competition
with Runtime Revolution Ltd.
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company