send to back, bring to front

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Feb 3 21:53:31 EST 2004

On 2/3/04 8:44 PM, Thomas McGrath III wrote:

> I want to send to back a window and/or bring to front a stack window.

Use the "toplevel" command. It brings the stack to the, well, top level.
You can show your substacks this way:

  toplevel "mySubStackName"

> I need to change the order once a stack is un-minimized. I heard on the
> list that scripts do not send the uniconify message so how else can I
> know when the stacks are un-minimized and then rearrange which are on top?

The "uniconifyStack" message is sent. (When a user collapses a stack,
the "iconifyStack" message is sent.) Write a handler that catches that
message:

on uniconifyStack
   -- check whatever you need to check here
   toplevel "mySubstackName"
end uniconifyStack

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com