Bug Database

Mark Chia mark at runrev.com
Tue Feb 3 17:02:39 EST 2004

Hello Revolutionaries!

Just a quick note to inform everyone that Bugzilla will be
down for maintenance and restructuring on Wednesday. A number of
people have provided feedback to Bugzilla's current implementation
of bug statuses and resolutions. This along with the desire to know the
version number a particular bug was fixed has led us to take the
following actions:

1) The Status of PENDING is going to be added in order to identify the
difference between bugs that have been submitted and not seen yet
(UNCONFIRMED), and those that have been viewed and responded to, but are
not in the queue to be fixed because of a lack of information, clarity,
or a reproducible recipe (PENDING). This will allow us to quickly
respond to new bugs and to confirm that bugs have enough information to
be worked on.

2) The Resolutions of REMIND and LATER will be removed, and the
Resolutions of INVALID, WONTFIX and WORKSFORME will be changed to more
appropriately named versions. This will leave the following Resolutions
and what they mean:

             ---:  The bug has not been fixed.
           FIXED:  The bug has been fixed.
       NOT_A_BUG:  The bug has not been fixed because it really isn't
                     a bug (the reporter misunderstood or assumed
                     something incorrectly) (Formerly INVALID)
        CANT_FIX:  The bug is one which cannot be fixed because it is
                     out of our control to fix (like it's an OS
                     defect, etc.) (Formerly WONTFIX)
       DUPLICATE:  The bug is a duplicate to one that already exists,
                     and therefore will not be fixed (the "original"
                     one will be, though)
  CANT_REPRODUCE:  The bug is one that cannot be reproduced, and
                     requires more info or a different recipe in
                     order to attack it again. (Formerly WORKSFORME)

3) The Target Milestone field will be used to identify in which version
of Rev a particular bug was fixed. This will be set by the person who
fixes the bug and has had it verified and eventually closed.

As we will need to make some major database changes, Bugzilla will
be taken off-line for a few days. We would request that you hold onto
any bugs you need to file until the new system is back online. When
Bugzilla is back online, we will send out another announcement that
clarifies the new system and how to use it to its best effectiveness. At
that time we will also go over how bugs go through the system so
everyone's on the same page.

Bugzilla will go offline on Wednesday, February 4 and 1:00am PST
(9:00am Edinburgh time), and we expect that it will be down all day
Wednesday and all day Thursday, with testing going into Friday. We will
notify everyone as soon as it is back up and ready to be used.

Thanks.

Mark
--
Mark Chia ~ http://www.runrev.com/
Runtime Revolution - User-Centric Development Tools