Labels and labeled Fields

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 3 15:49:34 EST 2004

--- Dar Scott <dsc at swcp.com> wrote:
> I find that setting up label fields and (more so)
> data fields with
> associated label fields to be very tedious.  Ideas?
> Perhaps I am doing
> all this the hard way.
>
> Dar Scott

Digging in my lousy memory, I found that HyperCard
allowed you to show the name of a popup-menu to the
left of it, and that you had to play around with the
titleWidth property. This actually also works in Rev.

Unfortunately it uses the 'name' property which makes
it hard to use in a multi-lingual environment, but
maybe the concept could be revived and extended to
other objects, such as fields.

Just a thought,

Jan Schenkel.

=====