Application Generators

michael jackass at bestweb.net
Tue Feb 3 01:15:14 EST 2004

Hi,
I was curious if anyone can offer general feedback about this topic and
also about using Revolution for this purpose.

Application generators or 'Consumer Authoring Products' can be produced
for a wide variety of applications such as eBook Builders, Music/Video
Wrappers,Secure/Private User Spaces,Portfolio Presentations and so on.
These Consumer Authoring Products should 'generate' complete
applications, like Revolution itself,  but are much easier to use than a
general purpose authoring tool.  More like a Wizard Interface to quickly
step through the stages until an application is generated.

So I wonder if/how Rev can go about making " lite " version clones of
itself with only a strict set of functions for a defined purpose (eBook
Creator, Media Wrapper).  And I assume there may be some licensing
issues, depedning on how it is done ??
Not sure.  ie. cloneRevolution app makes special-purpose and
cross-plaform executable applications... This is allowed, yes?

I would like to build a MediaWrapper and then later consider letting
others use the wrapper under certain terms and conditions etc...