Has anyone ever used the iconifyStack and unIconifyStack

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Mon Feb 2 22:32:00 EST 2004

Hello all,

If anyone has worked with these before than can you help me?

I can't get the behavior I need. I have a main stack and a few
substacks.

I want the main stack and it's substacks to minimize when one of them
is minimized.
The user may minimize either the main stack and then it's substacks
that are open will minimize OR they may minimize a substack and the
main stack & other substacks will minimize.

I can't seem to figure it out.
1. the dock shows multiple stacks minimized. Any way around that?
2. the iconifyStack message does not send ?? in 30 mills
3. the uniconifyStack does not send to the other minimized stacks
4. the system seems to hang up and I have to force quit.

I have the stacks set to minimize, title.
This script is in my main Stack:
on iconifyStack
   put the openStacks into myopenstacks
   repeat with v = 1 to (the num lines in myopenstacks)
     send iconifyStack to stack (line v in myopenstacks) in 30
milliseconds
   end repeat
   set the backdrop to none
end iconifyStack

on unIconifyStack
   put the openstacks into myopenstacks
   repeat with b = 1 to (the num lines in myopenstacks)
     send unIconifyStack to stack (line b in myopenstacks) in 30
milliseconds
   end repeat
end unIconifyStack

Do I need to pass the iconifyStack and unIconifyStack messages?
Or what else should I be doing?

Thank you listees,

Tom

Macintosh PowerBook G-4 OSX 10.3.1, OS 9.2.2, 1.25 GHz, 512MB RAM, Rev
2.1.2

Advanced Media Group
Thomas J McGrath III	• 2003 •	3mcgrath at adelphia.net
220 Drake Road, Bethel Park, PA 15102