importing and playing audioClips in a stack (Andrea George)

geor9230 at saintmarys.edu geor9230 at saintmarys.edu
Mon Feb 2 19:30:04 EST 2004

I am trying to import an audioClip into my Revolution stack that has been saved onto the hard drive.  I then tried to import this audioClip into my stack, but I am not sure if I am doing it correctly.  The following is what I typed in:

import audioClip from file "/Users/Shared/audioClips/UnchangedMelody.aiff"

This is not working and I have followed the steps I found in Revolution's Documentation.  Then I created a “Play” button and I have written the following in the button’s script:

on mouseClick
  play audioClip "UnchangedMelody" looping
end mouseClick

This is trying to work, but something is stopping it.  It will make a noise and repeats the noise, but it fails to play the song.

I have read a lot of the documentation that Revolution offers, however I am not finding it to be very informative.  I followed the directions I have found, but I am unable to get anything to work.  What is it that I am doing wrong?  How do you import an audioClip into your stacks?  Is there anyone who could assist me on this matter?

Also, where can I find more documentation (besides what Revolution offers) or examples on the Internet to use as a guide when creating stacks (audioClip related, etc.)?

Thank You,

Andrea George