GoRevnet & LibURL?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Feb 2 15:36:43 EST 2004

Dave Cragg wrote:

> At 11:15 am +0100 2/2/04, Dom wrote:
>> Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote:
>>
>>> - A bug in the engine causes inserted scripts to b removed if the stack
>>> containing them has its destroyStack property set to true and is closed.  By
>>> default the destroyStack property of GoRevnet is false -- could something in
>>> your environment be changing that?
>>
>> Verified. The destroystack property is set to false.
>
> Richard,
>
> Is it possible that even if destroyStack is set to false that a
> closed stack can be purged from memory when insufficient memory is
> available? I have a *very* vague memory of reading this somewhere.

I suppose that's possible; memory issues can affect a wide variety of
object-loading issues.

But I've only ever seen low-memory errors on Mac OS 9 and earlier; Win and
UNIX seem to have sufficiently robust virtual memory such that I've never
encountered such an error on those systems (I was even able to use
decompress on a 280MB gzipfile on OS X without a hitch).

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Media Corporation