The card is grey on printing!!

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 2 05:03:16 EST 2004

--- "Gardner, Joseph A" <joe.gardner at nwa.com> wrote:
> Jan and François,
>
> I'm also having this problem when printing a field
> from OSX. Here's my button script:
>
> on mouseUp
>   put the backgroundColor of cd fld "FileContents"
> into tBC
>   set the backgroundColor of cd fld "FileContents"
> to white
>   revPrintField ("field" && quote & "FileContents" &
> quote)
>   set the backgroundColor of cd fld "FileContents"
> to tBC
> end mouseUp
>
> The field _still_ prints in a gray rectangle. I
> checked the button syntax by setting the field to
> BLACK and while the field flashes black for a second
> while the print command runs, the printout is
> _still_ black text on a gray background. Is this a
> bug? Any advice on how to get the field to print
> black text on a pure white background?
>
> TIA...
>
> joe.

Hi Joe,

The answer I gave should work for those cases when
you're using the 'print' command.
Your case involves the revPrintField command, where
you don't have control over the stack that is used for
printing.

A few questions :
- does this happen in the IDE or only in standalones ?
- if only in standalones, have you let the
distribution builder apply the default colours ?

If it also happens in the IDE, a trip to bugzilla is
in order, I think :-)

Best regards,

Jan Schenkel.

=====