Going crazy with closing a stack

Frank Leahy frank at backtalk.com
Mon Feb 2 02:57:47 EST 2004

Doug,

  I'm guessing that other stacks of yours are getting closeStack
messages, right?  If so then I'm pretty sure you're not getting a
closeStack because of something you're doing.  Maybe you forgot to pass
menuPick, or pass some other message that is keep RunRev from sending
you the closeStack messages.

Whatever it is, at this point I'd create a new stack, place just this
controller you're trying to use on it -- with no other scripts in the
stack except the closeStack -- and see if a closeStack handler gets
called.  Then add your other scripts one at a time (or a bunch at a
time) until you see it stop getting called again.

It's great to use the list as a sounding board, but sometimes the only
way to do debugging is to return to a zero baseline and actually do the
debugging.

Good luck,
-- Frank