Going crazy with closing a stack

Doug Lerner doug at webcrossing.com
Mon Feb 2 00:54:05 EST 2004

I'm spending too much time on this one crazy closeStack message problem, so
for the meantime I've put in the following work-around which is at least
stable:

* I have a button on the parent stack that is supposed to open/close the
video grabber window-and-stack. In there I put:

    chatVideoPreviewOff
    revCloseVideoGrabber
    close stack vgName

The closeChat message is still not being sent to the video grabber stack,
but the stack closes.

* In the video grabber stack I added

on closeStackRequest
  -- block this stack from being closed from the window close button
end closeStackRequest

This blocks the stack from being manually closed, which is a little grody,
but since the openStack handler doesn't get called reliably there is no
choice. I must have users close the stack via the button in the parent
stack.

Interesting enough, even with this closeStackRequest handler here, the
"close stack vgName" command above *does* close the stack. I wonder why the
closeStackRequest doesn't block that as well. Strange all around. But at
least this combination works - you can open and close the video grabber
stack as much as you want by checking/unchecking the box in the parent
stack.

I'll come back to this issue again at another time.

Thanks for all your suggestions. And if anybody has any extra ideas, please
let me know!

Thanks,

doug