Going crazy with closing a stack

Doug Lerner doug at webcrossing.com
Sun Feb 1 23:36:10 EST 2004

On 2/2/04 1:24 PM, "J. Landman Gay" <jacque at hyperactivesw.com> wrote:

> On 2/1/04 10:02 PM, Doug Lerner wrote:
>
>>> I click the closebox in the substack and "closing sub" appears in the
>>> message box. I never get an answer dialog.
>>

>> That's what I want to happen here too. :)
>
> So there must be something else happening. Comment out all lines in both
> stack's closestack handlers, with the exception of a single line in each
> (pick one or write one that can stand independently and doesn't rely on
> anything else.) If it works okay, then start adding pieces of the
> handler back in until you reproduce the problem. Then tell us what that
> piece is.

That's why I put the "answer" command as the first line of the closeStack
hander - to see if the handler was being called or not. But it's not. Except
sometimes. And the sometimes seems to have something to do with the state of
the video grabber window.

Are there any extra commands that can tell us whether the video grabber
window is even present or not?

Also, what is that first (and undocumented) parameter to
revInitializeVideoGrabber, as in the video stack example:

revInitializeVideoGrabber the short name of this stack,"qt",iRect

for? The docs only show 2 parameters.

I think both these issues are connected somehow because I don't have similar
problems when closing other stack windows.

doug