Going crazy with closing a stack

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Feb 1 22:55:56 EST 2004

On 2/1/04 8:20 PM, Thomas McGrath III wrote:

> On Feb 1, 2004, at 9:05 PM, Doug Lerner wrote:
>

>> I don't see how there could possibly be. This is a substack and inside
>> the
>> substack's script there is the closeStack handler.
>

> Doug, that was exactly what I had. A closeStack in a substack that I
> wanted to work when I closed the substack but instead I "think" the main
> stack was grabbing the closeStack and not the substack even though the
> closestack  message was 'local' to the substack.

If that's true, then it sounds like a bug. I just made a simple set of
test stacks, though, and I couldn't reproduce the behavior. There must
be something else going on.

My main stack has one stack handler:

on closeStack
  answer the target
end closeStack

Substack has one stack handler:

on closeStack
  put "closing sub"
end closeStack

I click the closebox in the substack and "closing sub" appears in the
message box. I never get an answer dialog.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com