base64encode & decode in a standalone

Mark Brownell gizmotron at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 1 20:28:18 EST 2004

On Sunday, February 1, 2004, at 12:42  PM, Dar Scott wrote:

> On Sunday, February 1, 2004, at 09:24 AM, Mark Brownell wrote:
>
>> It looks like the fileType matters before it will save as
>> base64Encoded.
>
> I don't get it.  How will a file type affect whether the function
> works or now?
>
> Dar

I don't get it either. Just to be sure I just created a small test app
as a standalone and I set the fileType to "MTMLMTML" It ended up
working even though I set the extension to ".gz" It is recognized as a
MTML. The only difference here is this was a test on already compressed
data.

The difference looks as if it is when I open an MTML file decompress it
and then try to save it as MTML it won't save as base64Encode right
after compress. In the same standalone I can open an already compressed
MTML file and save it as base64encode fileType "ttxtTEXT" with
extension ".gz+" I ended up dropping base64encode from the standard
save process and added base64Encode & Decode as a Help item option for
internet file preperations transfers.

Anyway it works faster if I don't use base64Encode & Decode all the
time for every open & save. Most important is I like the added value
now & especialy now that I have the beta version of an MTML Notebook
for Mac X ready. As soon as I create an example document I'll make it
available for testing. Let me know off list if anyone is interested in
seeing & beta testing the first beta of this three year old project.

Mark