Going crazy with closing a stack

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Sun Feb 1 16:50:50 EST 2004

On Mon Feb 2  Doug Lerner doug at webcrossing.com wrote:

> When I close a stack in which the video grabber is embedded, I am
> trying to
> clean up as follows:
>
> (snip)
>
> BUT... even if I close the stack manually, the answer dialog doesn't even
> appear.
>
> The closeStack handler is just not being called. And it is a handler local
> to the stack itself!
>
> What might block the closeStack message from being sent to this stack
> handler?
>
> Thanks,
>
> doug

Probably this is  related to the problem Revolution has in handling
greater amounts of data.

I have various stacks here that contain a larger number of controls on
one card.

A stack with a card containing 1500 controls takes about 10 minutes to
close - on my G4 Powerbook with 667 MHz.

Metacard closes the same stack immediately.

Regards,

Wilhelm Sanke