FlashMX and Runtime Revolution (erik hansen)

opus.species at wanadoo.fr opus.species at wanadoo.fr
Sun Feb 1 03:26:44 EST 2004

> <opus.species at wanadoo.fr> wrote:
>
>> You can embedd in revolution a web browser with
>> altbrowser.dll from altuit.
>> Within this box you can display a flash movie.
>
> how many minutes max?
>
> thanks,
>
> Erik Hansen

For me hours...

But in fact i have a flash website made from hundredth of small files (my
biggest file is 120 kO). I display this flash site within a revolution box.

For me that's much better than displaying ordinary rev fields.

You can also display flash movies through a quicktime player object, but
you are limited to the version of flash supported by Quicktime.

Displaying through a browser object you are limited to the version of
flash installed in Internet Explorer. If you upgrade your flash player to
2004MX, you will play 2004MX !

You can give a test downloading altBrowser.dll from www.altuit.com ; there
is a rev browser on the site ; open this rev browser and try to play your
flash movie.

Of course you need in Flash to export your movie in an htmlfile within
witch the swf file is embedded.

I guess that the only limitation of this solution is a memory one because
you have to run in the same time revolution + (embedded internet explorer)
+ flash plugin.
I am sure that on a winXP computer with 128 MO RAM it is ok.
On a win98 computer with 64 MO RAM it works but not very fast.

Regards

Claude Lemmel / Opus species